‘Destiny 2’ launches Telesto ‘Bug’ Mystery Community Puzzle
While I knew there was supposed to be a community event in this final month of Destiny 2, I had no idea it would start just like…this.
After getting tip it Something It was happening today, and since then Telesto has been discovered to be bugging again, but in a very unorthodox way.
Players very quickly discovered that Telesto’s latest glitch was shooting floating spikes that were flying into the air. Weird, but this is Telesto we’re talking about, so it’s not entirely implausible that he might just randomly start doing something like this.
However, this is actually the beginning of a file community puzzle, where I think I know the endpoint, but not how to get to it. Again, this isn’t just a random glitch:
- Telesto was moved to be smoking and sparking, which he had never done before. This happens in any decoration.
- Launching Telesto will cause a pattern of bolts to rise into the sky. I think they’re supposed to be constellations, because I’m sure I’ve seen at least Orion and one of the Big Dippers there.
- Holding down reload will kill this floating shot mode and make the gun fire normally again. Again, this is something Bungie has to specifically load into the game. This is not how insects work.
(Update: 8 PM – I’d probably call it at least one day on the “bolt style” side of this. They actually float in the sky and look like stars, but after hours of thousands of people streaming through them, I don’t think they mean anything bigger. I guess the general takeaway is just “Telesto is broken (on purpose), stay tuned what happens next”, because that leads to something bigger).
What’s going on from here, I’m not sure. Yes, Telesto takes out the towers. No, I don’t really know what to do with that fact. I’ve had a hint that this may continue to appear over the coming days so we may need to wait and see what the additional resets bring.
we Think We know where this is headed, having been in the API for a very long time while now there will be a community event at the end of the season where players collect coins to help rebuild the Eliksni neighborhood so this mess isn’t devastating. How do we move from the Telesto constellations to it? I have no earthly idea, my knowledge stops here. But I have to assume they are related. If not, the Telesto thing leads to something else entirely, well, that would be really cool.
It has been until far away It’s been a long time since Bungie put a weird puzzle like this in the game, which has elicited mixed reactions in the past from players. Some love the weird and the quest for answers, while others love the things that sit around waiting to be solved by the community creators. Right now, it looks like we’re at that point, as I’m told Aztecross is already tracking a constellation live on the live stream. I’m sure there will be other players joining it soon, once the initial doubt has subsided.
So yeah, that’s real. This is not me hallucinating a community event into existence. Go check out Telesto’s strange behavior for yourself, and come up with some of your own theories.
So where are we a day after this was released? Here’s what I can gather in the last 24 hours or so since this was posted:
- The Telesto/Easter egg puzzle game that just launched here has been pretty much teased all season. There was a new shirt in the Bungie Store that was added a few weeks ago. Banshee now plays Telesto in his shop. There is a Telesto-themed sparrow/ship/ghost shell in the Eververse. There was even a Telesto Festival for the Lost Mask. It’s been Telesto’s secret season all along.
- This thing will likely lead Telesto’s current “bug” toward a logo called Schrodinger’s Gun which was previously found in game files. However, we don’t know the next steps from here in order to actually unlock it.
- At this point, I’m quite convinced that despite the constellation-like nature of Telesto’s floating screws, there is no recognizable pattern and nothing to resolve there. Reliable sources have informed me that there is some sort of time component to this thing, so we may just need to wait and see what Telesto does next. Her will is not her will.
- I’m hearing mixed reports on whether this will be related to a larger community event that we know is coming in the coming weeks, as we rebuild the Al-Isni neighborhood by donating materials and coins. I’m still not sure how Telesto scams will bridge the gap in this larger event. It’s possible that this badge thing and the community event separate later. If they link up, we’ll have to wait and see how.
Regardless, this was definitely a lot of fun, and I love how Bungie took the time to do something like this, complete with “Fix the gun” reload animation. It might not be the start of some huge puzzle being discovered, but it’s something to fill in the dead time, and at least, the memes were a lot of fun (many of them on my account). Unfortunately I’m heading out of town so I won’t be able to play Telesto every day from here, but I’m sure you all will keep me posted on it.
#Destiny #launches #Telesto #Bug #Mystery #Community #Puzzle