Nikkor Gas awards $100,000 in grants to support basic needs, energy support in its service sector
Today, Nikkor Gas is announcing a $100,000 grant to support our customers’ basic needs, including food, clothing, and shelter, through community organizations in their service area.
“At Nicor Gas, we aim to support the basic needs of 250,000 families in our communities through agencies that address food, housing and clothing insecurities,” said Jackie Nagel, Manager of Community Engagement at Nicor Gas. “About 11% of residents in the state of Illinois currently live in poverty. Providing the most important needs of our customers ensures that our neighbors are able to not only survive but thrive.”
This year, Nikkor Gas is proud to award grants to 24 organizations to support their basic needs programming:
• Faithful Meals in Motion: This program provides boxed meals for school going children during extended school breaks and weekends.
• Neighborhood Accommodation Services: This program provides a package of 10 freshly prepared meals per week to 50 senior families for 24 weeks of the year.
• Oak Park River Forest Food Pantry: This program offers a drive-thru pantry, a traditional in-person community market, a pop-up food pantry, and a home grocery delivery program.
• Pads for Hope: This program provides emergency shelter, support services, case management and medical care for the north and northwest suburbs of metro Chicago.
• South Suburban Pad: This program provides emergency shelter, food and case management for families in the south suburbs of metro Chicago.
• WINGS Program, Inc.: This program provides critical emergency housing for victims of domestic violence.
• DeKalb’s Family Services: This program supports low-income individuals, connecting them with food, shelter, clothing and disaster relief resources.
• Casa DuPage: This program provides a trained special advocate who ensures that children in high-risk trauma situations are placed in safe homes and receive supportive services.
• DuPage Senior Citizens Council: This program provides food distribution to older adults living in the home.
• Bread and Fish Community Services: This program provides food distribution for children and senior citizens in DuPage County.
• Public Resource Center: The program’s food pantry serves as an entry point for services including hygiene products, clothing, financial aid, and education.
Fox Valley Region:
• Aurora Area Interfaith Food Pantry: This program supports mobile pantries in Fox Valley, which include food, diapers, hygiene, infant formula, and other basic necessities.
• Big Hearts Fox Valley: This program provides clothing, shoes, warm coats, gloves and hygiene products to families in need.
• Hessed House: This program provides overnight emergency shelter, which includes food, bathing facilities, and laundry facilities.
• Mutual Ground, Inc.: This program provides emergency shelter, emergency room response, and a 24-hour crisis line for victims of domestic violence.
• Grundy Area Pads: This program provides emergency shelter and case management for families in Grundy County, ensuring clients are working towards achieving stable housing and independence.
• Meals for Greater Elgin: This program distributes meals to vulnerable immigrant populations in Elgin at schools, apartment complexes and churches.
• Elgin’s Pads: This program provides emergency shelter, shower and laundry facilities, food and clothing to those experiencing homelessness in and around Elgin.
• Community Work Participation: This program provides at least one hot meal per week that includes healthy options for homeless shelters and low-income seniors throughout Lake County.
• Sparrow House: This program provides transitional shelter in dorm-style environments for individuals and families throughout northern Illinois, including case management to work toward housing independence.
• Refugees for Chicago Women: This program provides long-term and transitional housing for women over the age of 18 who have escaped human trafficking in Chicagoland and beyond.
• Home Sweet Home Ministries: This program provides daily meals to homeless shelter residents and low-income community members in several counties in Central Illinois.
• Rock River Valley Pantry: This program provides dairy items to those experiencing food insecurity in the Rockford area.
• Ministry of Shelter Care: This program provides emergency housing, transitional housing, and permanent supportive housing to those experiencing homelessness in and around Rockford.
To learn more about Nikkor Gas’ commitment to basic needs and energy support initiatives, visit www.NicorGas.com/CharitableGiving,
#Nikkor #Gas #awards #grants #support #basic #energy #support #service #sector