Protect your privacy, cell phone number and email address
Phone scams never end because they are work. Fraudulent texts are also increasing. Here are five sure signs that text is junk that you need to delete.
While we’re talking about scams, I’d be remiss not to mention your inbox. Click or tap to convince spam that has come to my email with no obvious warning signs.
One way to reduce endless attempts to steal your money and information to sell to marketers is to identify who has your contact information. Here are some simple and free ways to do that.
Hide Your Email Address With Burner
Think of all the reasons why you should drop your email without even thinking about it: registering for a new account, emailing a question to a company, or getting a coupon code – to name a few.
When you give out your email address, you open yourself up to junk mail, malware, and an inbox full of unwanted messages. This is where Email Duplicator comes in handy.
Copier email addresses can be discarded and can be used in place of your primary email addresses. There are several ways to get one.
- temporary mail It provides a temporary, anonymous, and disposable email address. You do not need to sign up for the free version. Remember that the service does not automatically delete your temporary email address (it is up to you), and you cannot send emails. Emails are stored for about two hours before they are automatically deleted.
- 10MinuteMail It is another popular option that you can also use to send emails. As the name suggests, the email and address are deleted within 10 minutes. If you receive an important message that you do not want to lose, you can forward it to another email address. There is no need to provide personal information to get started, which is a great bonus.
If you subscribe to Apple iCloud +, you can access one of my favorite Apple features: Hide My Email. It creates random and unique email addresses that you forward to your inbox. You can create as many addresses as you want and reply to messages.
- To create a new email address, go to Settings and press apple id.
- go to the iCloud > Hide my email > Create a new address.
- Follow the onscreen instructions, and you’ll get a new email address that you can manage from your iCloud settings.
Gmail also allows you to create free aliases associated with your primary inbox. It’s easy to use to filter mail or see how your email address ended up in your spam list.
Set up the burner’s phone number as well
You need your real phone number for important things, like your accounts, medical and financial records. Otherwise, there is no reason to hand it over.
Google Voice is a free service that gives you a phone number to use however you like for local and international phone calls, texts, and voicemails. Google Voice is available for iOS, Android, and your computer. All you need is a file Google account to get started.
Then follow these steps:
- Download the app for iOS or Android or go to voice.google.com/u/0/signup To get it to your computer.
- After that, sign in to your Google account.
- Review the terms and go to the next step.
- Choose a phone number from the list. You can search by city or area code.
- Verify the number and enter a phone number to associate with your Voice account.
- You will be given a six-digit code to enter for the next step.
Use your Google Voice number however you like, especially when you need to add your number to an online form. Tap or click here for five smart ways to use Google Voice.
Another option is to download a burner app. These give you a second phone number and use your internet data or Wi-Fi to make and receive calls and text messages. catch? This costs money.
The fireplace is one of the The most popular apps of its kind. You can route calls directly to your secondary number. The app comes with a 7-day free trial, and plans start at $4.99 per month for a single line or $47.99 for one year.
Hushed lets you generate numbers from all over the world, so you can check out your area or US code if you want to. The prepaid plan starts at $1.99 for seven days and comes with bundled minutes for local calls and texts. You can make unlimited calls and texts ($3.99/month) and international service ($4.99/month).
Keep your technical knowledge going
My popular podcast is called “Kim Commando today. It’s 30 minutes of tech news, tips, and callers with tech questions like you from across the country. Find it wherever you get your podcasts. For your convenience, click on the link below for an up-to-date episode.
Broadcast selection: Sell Your Tube, No More Netflix Sharing, Delete These Apps
Think before you pour. Your tube may be worth a lot of money. (Yes, really.) Plus, Netflix wants you to stop sharing your account, Amazon Music offers Prime members extended listening without ads and why Uber bombards you with ads. Also, free alternatives to Microsoft Office, Adobe Photoshop, or Illustrator also work.
Listen to the podcast here Or wherever you get your podcasts. Just search for my family name, “Commando”.
What digital lifestyle questions do you have? Connect to Kim’s national radio program and Tap or click here to find it on your local radio station. You can listen to or watch a file Kim Commando Show On your phone, tablet, TV, or computer. Or tap or click here for Kim’s free podcast.
Copyright 2022, WestStar Multimedia Entertainment. All rights reserved. By clicking on the shopping links, you support my search. As an Amazon member, I get a small commission from eligible purchases. I only recommend products that I believe in.
Learn about All the latest technology On the Kim Commando Show, the country’s largest weekend radio talk show. Kim takes calls and provides advice on today’s digital lifestyle, from smartphones and tablets to online privacy and data breaches. For her daily tips, free newsletters, and more, visit her website at Commando.
#Protect #privacy #cell #phone #number #email #address